Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu 5D/4N
The renowned Salkantay Trek, named among the best treks in the world, is a great alternative to the Inca Trail, Salkantay Trek is a remote and ancient footpath in which you will have the opportunity to see beautiful scenary, snowcapped mountains, varied flora and fauna.
Salkantay Trek presents a unique combination of culture and mysticism, with proudly preserved by the Peruvian people, Salkantay trek offers an amazing and extraordinary adventure in the highest peaks of Humantay mountain.
Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu
Day 1: Mollepata (cold)
We leave from Cusco by bus at 5 am towards Mollepata, passing various towns. Here we´ll have breakfast and start our trek to Cruzpata, where we´ll have lunch. While having a panoramic view of the snowpeaks Salkantay and Humantay, we continue towards Soraypampa, where we´ll spend the night.
Day 2: Soraypampa (very cold)
We have breakfast very early and continue our hike to the highest peak at 4650 m, while passing the snowpeaks Salkantay and Humantay. After this we start descending towards Colcapampa, where we´ll spend the night.
Day 3: Santa Teresa (half warm)
As is tradition during this trek, we have breakfast early in the morning. After that we start hiking through a jungle-ish valley, appreciating all kinds of plants, wild fruits, little waterfalls and rivers that lead us to our next destination: the hot springs of Santa Teresa.
Day 4: Hidroelectrica (warm)
We continue our journey through the jungle and follow a river while passing different coca and fruitplantations, appreciating the local agriculture. Every step a little closer to Machu Picchu, we follow the train rails that lead toward Aguas Calientes, where we´ll spend the night in a hostel.
Day 5: Machu Picchu (warm)
Very early in the morning we leave to Machu Picchu to set eyes on the citadel at sunrise. During two hours the guide will accompany us and tell us all about Machu Picchu. After that you have the rest of the day to explore the citadel on your own. Then we return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cusco.
Included in the Salkantay Trek:
- Pickup from your accommodation and transport to the trek´s starting point
- Entry to Machu Picchu
- Bilingual guide (spanish & english)
- Meals: 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner (vegatarian option available)
- Tents for two persons each and camping gear (incluing dinner tent, cooking tent, potties)
- Pack donkey to transport your gear
- 1 overnight in Aguas Calientes
- Return train ticket to Cusco
Not included in the Salkantay Trek:
- Breakfast first day
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes second day
- Entry to hot springs
- Personal expenses
Details of Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu:
- Price of trek: USD 285
- Duration of Salkantay trek: 5 days / 4 nights
Other services offers at Wiracocha Spanish School:
- Wiracocha Spanish School also offers accommodation service, it while you have stay in the city of Cusco.
- We are the best language school, we offer spanish classes and quechua course.
- Apart from Salkantay trek, we also offer other tours, to see all tours click here.